Pages

Friday 25 February 2011

SONG OF THE WEEK - Pamsy / So Fragile
























SONG OF THE WEEK - Friday 25th February 2011

SO FRAGILE / Pamsy
Label: SCP
Featured on: Super Eurobeat Vol. 162

My very first Song of the Week on here is a song that is very dear to my heart, and remains to this day my absolute favourite Eurobeat song ever.  From a time when the SCP label were truly finding their voice and style in the Eurobeat world comes an absolutely beautiful and haunting track with emotion-filled vocals by the beautiful Alessia de Boni (a.k.a. Pamsy).  From the opening chilling arps that ripple from my speakers, I am transported in to another world - where love is the only emotion that matters.  Pamsy's whispering and hurt-filled vocals echo throughout this beautiful track, delivering a lyric that is as powerful and relevant now as it was when I first heard it...

"Everyone, every day / Living just can break their hearts / So fragile"

The soaring production really gives the song's message an added impact, and I am totally lost in the emotion any time I play it.  This track was the one that made me such a massive fan of Pamsy's gorgeous vocal style - always filled with such sincerity and high emotion.  I only hope that SCP will create some new tracks with her in the future, as her style is very much missed in the current female Eurobeat world.

No comments:

Post a Comment